Add support for PHP 8.1 in Local

Hey @BWBama85, thanks for posting the screenshots. A couple of the team members and I tried to reproduce on our Windows machines and didn’t run into this issue on the import.

It looks like a permissions issue with the symlink; is that something you defined yourself? Or is that defined in the query-monitor plugin somehow? It would be helpful to share your Local logs (or just more information on the site you were importing itself) so we can see if we can put our machine in the same state.

1 Like

OMG absolutely laughing hysterically right now at that 8.1 response! Great work y’all, going to give it a run tonight when I get into my Pods working hours!

4 Likes

This is really, really exciting! I am so glad we are here now. This is going to really enhance my workflows! No more switching between Homebrew and Local, all my eggies in one basket now!

Are we having a launch party?

4 Likes

If there’s a launch party, I’ll bring the :clap::clap::clap::clap:!!

Nice work y’all! Just tested on PopOS (Linux), and things work well! (not pictured, but working is PHP 8.1 :tada: !!!)

1 Like

Great work Local team! Thank you!

2 Likes

I uninstalled the Query Monitor plugin and that solved the issue. Just reinstalled it after the import.

I’m glad it is working for everyone! Any feedback from the M1 crew?

@BWBama85 That’s good news - still odd… but that gives us something to look into. Thanks for following up!

@scwarwick - I love the launch party idea! The team did too :grinning: let me talk to some people…

@austinwendt all good on my M1 machine with the latest Monterey… no issues so far

2 Likes

Any eta on a stable release? Kind of a pain developing in a different folder structure on Beta.

1 Like

We’re finishing up some work on notarizing the build and codesigning the new services with updated WP Engine certificates. I’m doubtful that is done and fully released by the end of the week… my assumption is the first half of next week we’ll be ready to roll it out broadly. We’re close!

1 Like

@austinwendt thank you guys for your hard work and for still maintaining this amazing tool… it’s so easy for us to complain when something is not working or not released as fast as we would want it, but we’re not as swift in saying thank you or how much we appreciate all the work that goes into something that is so helpful and still free :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Also, this is free. So very few should be complaining. I have not paid a single dime to Local. I know that they do make money off it from those that use other services that Local integrates with, but my development flow is agnostic to any other service they offer.

Very grateful for such a complete development tool I can use for free.

4 Likes

@austinwendt Thanx for the update. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the release next week.

1 Like

Excited to test the PHP stuff shortly on my M1 - is there any update to the Certificate issue? I’m still having the issue that was mentioned back for 6.3.1, I think where either I can’t get the cert to be trusted OR it shows as trusted in Local but when you actually view the site, it says the cert is untrusted?

Hey all - Local v6.4.3 is live! Switching from the Flywheel to the WP Engine certificate caused some issues specific to the auto-updater inside Local that we’re unwinding, but downloading the latest build from our Releases page is easy and gets around the issue. (Working on solving that one.)

Download Local 6.4.3 here - localwp.com/releases/6.4.3 - and happy building!

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Missing PDO extension for PHP 8.1 under Linux

Interesting, we will dig into that! Not sure how that went missing. Thanks for flagging it!

Thanks for all the hard work, team.

1 Like

Awesome work y’all!

Also brew upgrade local works swimmingly :relaxed:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.