Can't connect to WPEngine after update

I can’t connect to WPEngine after updating, even after regenerating API keys. Using a M1 Macbook Air with Monterrey.

Hey @Rossington – Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

Can you clarify a bit about where exactly things are breaking down? Is it a specific part of the Connect workflow? You mention regenerating the API keys – does that seem to work, or are there errors when regenerating the keys?

One thing to note is that AWS is having some issues, and I know that at least a few WP Engine sites make use of that infrastructure, especially for things like backing up a site (which is something that Local Connect does before pushing)

For more details about AWS and this outage, see their status page:

I’m trying to pull a site and it fails to pull the list of sites. Then trying to add new api keys fails too.

AWS could be the culprit, I’ll keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Same issue here, won’t even pull a list of sites at the moment. Hopefully just a temporary issue.

This is also happening to me on both of my machines after updating to Local 6.1.8.

Local wouldn’t pull my connected sites from WPEngine and after trying to logout+login again with my API credentials- it just says “Error: Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.”

I am having the same issue. I have reset my password and generated a new API key in WP Engine. Still no luck. Local fails to connect to WP Engine. This is kind of a big issue impacting critical work flow. Would appreciate a resolution ASAP.

Hey everyone! Everything should be cleared up at this point. Here’s a link to the incident that seems to be what was preventing Connect to WPE.

https://wpenginestatus.com/incidents/328439

Let us know if you still have issues!

A post was split to a new topic: Using Connect to WP Engine doesn’t show any files in the Magic Sync Viewer

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.