Can't open App after installing it for first time

Issue Summary

I’ve installed for the first time latest version of Local.

The App doesn’t open. No error message. Tried to delete and reinstall but same issue happens.

I have Windows 10 OS.

Please help. :pray:

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Hey @Marilu, Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

What version of Local was installed?

Can you provide the Local log so we can take a closer look at what’s going on? In the above link of “How do I retrieve Local’s Log” it mentions that you should be able to navigate to this location within a file explorer window:

%AppData%\Roaming\Local\local-lightning.log

Please attach that log so we can take a closer look!

Hi Ben,

Thank you so much for your reply and find attached Local’s log.

I really look forward to your reply as I urgently need to start working on a website.

Thanks a lot.

local-lightning.log (62.4 KB)

I’m seeing a bunch of errors that look something like this:

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Marilu\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp-8356-2IuP8vrjjWrN-.json'
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Marilu\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp-20176-AV0FW0iBNFsO-.json'
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Marilu\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp-7796-WZP57rGdWOwV-.json'

Basically, ENOENT is an error that means “Error NO ENTity” which can be thought of as “this doesn’t exist.”

Since they all seem to be related to a Temp folder – does anything change when you restart the computer? You mention that you uninstalled and re-installed Local – was the computer restarted during that time to help flush configuration out?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.