Can't register/login as a New User to Local site via live-link in incognito mode- Is this Normal?

I’m a learner and attempted to register a new user on Local site via live-link in a private browser, (using Crocoblock’s Job Board Template) and expected to be able to login and test the site on the front end as a User/Employee. Is this not possible? Does this only work when the site is being hosted?

I also tried adding a new user via the back end and tried to send the email which also didn’t work so I tried to copy and paste the email and then login via the front end in a private browser, but this also didn’t work.

Is this not possible normally with Live-link? Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Local: Version 8.1.0+6514
Sonoma 14.2.1

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @Jasmine

Correct this is just a preview of the site and not necessarily a “working version”. You can do testing and things like that within Local just by clicking the Open Site button from your app. Using the Live Link is basically just to share with a client or peer so they can see how the site looks.

If you have any other questions or concerns don’t hesitate to reach back out. We are always happy to help!

1 Like

Apologies, that’s actually what I meant. I did click “Open Site” and then went to preview site in an incognito tab to try to register as a new user, which didn’t work…

1 Like

Hello @Jasmine -

Are you able to open the site in an incognito window?

When you say that it doesn’t work to register a user, where are you getting stuck?

I noticed in your original thread you mentioned you didn’t receive an email - emails won’t actually be sent from your Local site, but you can find emails in MailHog.

Let me know if any of this helps!

Sam

1 Like