Local Community

Error after installing Local by Flywheel

I have a new laptop Lenovo, 2 weeks old windows 10, core i5, 8mb memory just installed local by flywheel PC version for the first time and there is an error " Site container is missing", the error on the top of the screen in a red banner; my website which i have not started to work in is in red text and has an “!” next to it. When i installed the software earlier in the day, it was hanging on “Local Sites” for 4 hours until i closed it, it said “saving” at the time i closed it, this was recommended by the support team. I installed a custom option, chose: 7.14 version of Wordpress, Apache server and 5.6 version of SQL. Can you please help me on next steps/options, thank you, Alex

I have posted the request for help 4 days ago, this is the first time i am using the “Community” blog for help, how many days does it take to obtain a preseason back?
Newer update, i already checked my windows 10 and the Vitualization options in Bios is turned on. I still have the same issue, the first website appears in red text color with an exclemnation mark next to it. I created a new website and it did load wordpress information but when i click on Data base another window opens and there is an error and i can’t open Wordpress dashboard. I need help, its now 3 days since i tried installing the software and can’t. Thank you.

I reinstalled Virtual Box and Wordpress the site no longer has previous errors message but has the following error: " Uh-oh it looks like we couldn’t retrieve the requested Docker image".

Please help. thank you

try to shutoff all your antivirus when installing and using Local,

Hello, thank you, i will try this now

Hellow Pixel,

I shut off Rogers online protection, uninstalled Local and then installed it again and the same errors appears. the site opens up and running, when i click on “Admin” or “View Site” the error below appears. Please let me know if there is anything else i can try to make it work?

Hmmm…can’t reach this page

Try this

Details

There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

Thank you, Alex

Hey @alexe

That looks like Local was having issues during installation. Like @Pixel mentioned, the usual reason is due to something like Antivirus software.

One other thing to note is that there is a known bug with Microsoft’s Edge browser. If you try and open http://eurocafe.local on a different browser like Firefox or Chrome, are you able to do so?

If you are still having issues, can you please provide your local-by-flywheel.log file? See
How do I retrieve Local’s log file?” for instructions on how to do so.

– Ben