Error: Command failed: nfs-configure-mac.sh

I’m getting this error when trying to start the Local machine. This started happening after trying to import a 3GB SQL file via the Remote SQL feature. It crashed my MySQL app and didn’t complete that process, which is when it left things in this state – the remote SQL wouldn’t connect and I restarted the machine.

Looking through local-by-flywheel.log I couldn’t discern when exactly this error started occuring, it appeared before the MySQL issue too but it continued on running the startup sequence for the machine. Now it just fails. One thing to note would be the occasion when I get this error and the message that immediately follows is: “[main/startSite] Refreshing NFS mounts” so maybe it’s an issue when it refreshes?

Jun 19, 2017, 1:05 AM CDT - info: [main/docker-machine-nfs] Enabling Docker Machine NFS
Jun 19, 2017, 1:05 AM CDT - warn: [main/index] Unhandled Rejection at: Promise  Promise {
  <rejected> Error: Command failed: sh "/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/shell-scripts/nfs-configure-mac.sh" "192.168.92.100" "501" "20"
    at /Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/sudo-prompt/index.js:329:27
    at tryToString (fs.js:426:3)
    at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:413:12) }  reason:  Error: Command failed: sh "/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/shell-scripts/nfs-configure-mac.sh" "192.168.92.100" "501" "20"
    at /Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/sudo-prompt/index.js:329:27
    at tryToString (fs.js:426:3)
    at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:413:12)

Message me for the full log and I’ll provide it.

If I run these commands, it seems to solve it. But it seems hacky, not sure if it’s going to cause other problems:

sudo rm /etc/exports
sudo touch /etc/exports

I just ran into the same issue, this time I caught the error it gave me when trying to start the site:

Error When Starting Site

(HTTP code 500) server error - error creating aufs mount to /mnt/sda1/var/lib/docker/aufs/mnt/a88029cc98d84f2a58a7320964237f4dec8783887c5a08c588e906597130b2e3: invalid argument

Hey Scott,

Sorry for the trouble!

Can you try going to Preferences » Advanced and disabling “Faster Docker Volumes” if it isn’t already?

Then, I would recommend going to Help » Restart Local’s Machine after that.

That did it! It was working but I guess I never noticed because I had yet to try and run Local alongside other Vagrant instances.

1 Like