Installed Local on a Mac and PC. Activated Mac version and I am up and running. However, on my PC:
- Installation hung up for about 20 minutes
- After installation completed, I clicked on Admin button and a XAMPP screen opened in the browser. Nothing else.
- Reinstalled XAMPP
- Opened Local>Ran site>clicked on Admin:
Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your
wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at
localhost . This could mean your host’s database server is down.
- Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
- Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
- Are you sure that the database server is running?
- Tried setting up new Local site:
Numerous error messages:
Uh-oh! Could not update host file
Local ran into a problem when trying to update the hosts file. Pleas ensure that the host file is not locked by anti-virus.
I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Would appreciate some help.