Error: network local is ambiguous (2 matches found on name)

Hi

I have a problem with some sites (only some) that do not want to start, the error is similar to what is described in another topic - https://local.getflywheel.com/community/t/error-http-code-400-unexpected-network-local-is-ambiguous-2-matches-found-on-name/9072/7

I am unfortunately not able to do the nuclear option and completely remove the sites in question as that would take me a really long time to fix up all the sites that has this problem. I would be happy to hear if someone figured out a solution or know where I messed up? :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance for any help you can give and happy New Year :slight_smile:

local-by-flywheel.log (93.4 KB)

Hey @lkoudal

I doubt that this is caused by something that you did, and is instead a bug with Docker. The easiest way is to recreate things, but if you have some backups, then we can take a closer look at monkeying around with Docker.

Have you manually installed Docker to work with other projects, or are you only using Local?

Can you login to the Virtual Machine and let me know what networks are being used? Here are the general steps:

1. Open a terminal, and use the docker-machine command bundled with Local to ssh into the machine
  2. List the the networks using docker network list

Looking at your Local log, it looks like Local is installed at /Applications/Local by Flywheel.app so your steps should look like this:

1. Login to Virtual Machine:
/Applications/Local\ by\ Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/virtual-machine/vendor/docker/osx/docker-machine ssh local-by-flywheel
  1. List Docker networks:
docker network ls

Here’s a screenshot of what that looks like on my computer, though you might have slightly different listing of networks:

If you do have two local networks, can you try removing one of them by running:

docker network rm <network-id>

Note: Use the network-id found when running docker network ls

Let me know what you find as you work through this!

– Ben

2 Likes

Hi Ben

Thank you, that was it! Solved it immediately. Thank you for the detailed explanation, I made the silly mistake of just going into my terminal; I did not think to SSH into the site itself to run the commands.

So, I found two instances, deleted one of them and then it works again.

Thank you, this is quite a timesaver.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.