Local Community

I upgraded to windows 11 and now whenever I import a site I get a "404 Not Found"

Issue Summary

I upgraded to windows 11 and now whenever I import a site I get a “404 Not Found” whenever trying to connect to the site. I think it’s because I changed my windows username and the old site is still using my old windows username.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

I only have one site.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Yes.

Replication

I exported my site and upgraded to windows 11 and changed my windows username.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

Version 6.4.0+5927

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

Original site was created on windows 10, and now I’m on windows 11.

• Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

local-lightning.log (56.2 KB)

Hello there! Welcome! :wave:

Thank you for bringing your question to the Local community.

Where are you seeing the 404 error? A screenshot would be super helpful!

:woman_technologist:t3: Sam

1 Like

Hello, I see the error whenever I click “WP Admin” or “Open site”.

Hi there, thank you for the screenshot!

I notice that this domain is testpanda.com - is that the site domain shown in Local? (see screenshot)

Shared with CloudApp

Would you be able to share a screenshot of your Local site configuration, too?

1 Like

Hello, I just checked and it’s exactly the same.

Hi there!

Thank you for that.

Next question - what are home and siteurl set to in the site’s wp_options table in the database?

If you navigate to Database > Open Adminer you should be able to find that information.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello, I don’t see home or siteurl in the site’s wp_options table.

It looks like the database might be bugged in Local as well.

Hi there,

From that window, you’ll want to click “Select data” and that will bring you to a screen like this, where you can find the home and siteurl

Shared with CloudApp

1 Like

Hi there!

Aha - interesting. Here’s a similar issue, can you try looking at your wp_config.php file?

Sam

1 Like

Hello, it looks like the url is fine.

Hello, I tried searching for my wp_config.php but it looks like I don’t have one? Can you tell me where it’s located please?

I think there’s something seriously wrong with my site, the left one is my current site after I imported it, the right one is the old original site that I saved before installing windows 11. Not sure what happened but I guess importing my site doesn’t work for some reason, so how do I get my site back if I can’t import it?

Hi there,

Yes it looks like it’s missing some critical files.

Do you still have the export from Local of the original site? The export that includes not only wp-content but also the database dump sql file?

Please see this help doc for more information about the Importing process:

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you; I really appreciate it! For some reason, importing the exported version of my site didn’t work, but taking the old version from the “Local Sites” folder and putting it into a zip file and then importing that zip file fixed everything. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @ManPandaDude - that is wonderful!

So glad to hear it all worked out.

Be sure to come back to the Local Community if you have any more questions.

Happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.