Inability to Use Remote Desktop After Installing Local?

Hi All,

Just installed Flywheel Local for the first time on a Windows 10 workstation I have. I usually work on this system remotely using my laptop. This hasn’t been a problem in the past but after installing Local and creating my first site I lost the ability to remote into the system using RDP (over the LAN). Was wondering if anyone else has experience this issue and if so how they resolved it? Or if anyone has any suggestions on why this might occur?

Thanks,
Dave

The issue connecting with RDP to my workstation running Local appears to be a combination of three factors:

• Local by Flywheel
  • VirtualBox
  • Avast

I’ve used VirtualBox before and haven’t had this issue, so I’m assuming it is only with a combination of the three that I’m seeing this problem.

VirtualBox rejiggers the network adapters by creating virtual ones, etc. Usually this doesn’t seem to be a problem…but when I installed Local (and VirtualBox) it created a problem…Avast was seeing the network I needed to RDP into as being a public network. Once I turned it to private everything began working again.

In case anyone else runs into the same issue.

1 Like

That’s interesting!

Thanks for sharing the solution.