Insufficient directory permissions leading to other issues in WordPress

Bug Summary

Insufficient directory permissions leading to other issues.

Steps to reproduce

Normally, I set up a WordPress site, and then I started working with Bricks, but encountered some issues. After checking WordPress > Tools > Site Health, I found this message:

1 critical issue

Critical issues are items that may have a high impact on your sites performance or security, and resolving these issues should be prioritized.

The wp-content/upgrade directory exists but is not writable. This directory is used for plugin and theme updates. Please make sure the server has write permissions to this directory.

Environment Info

Windows 11 pro. There are no other local servers.
localWP ver8.1.0 with nginx/php8.1/MySQL8

Today I tested and found out: When I first log in to WordPress, everything is normal. But even if I don’t do anything, this bug appears after about 5 minutes.

Hi @kimm

This happens with any site you create in Local? Even a new blank site?

Can you share your local logs with us? There are some different ways to access and share Local Logs. For us to be able to troubleshoot thoroughly, please click the Download Local Logs button from the Support tab in Local. This will generate a zip archive that contains the Local log along with some other diagnostic information to help quickly zero in on any issues that Local is encountering.