Live Links Broken due to expired SSL certificate

Sounds good! And hope for a quick solution to the problem =)

Installed the update, still having the same problem!

Well - I have 3 different project going on right now and one of them I solved with a demosite on Flywheel, but the two other projects needs to be seen by the customer. Is there any possible chans to put up two more demosites on flywheel? Or even better - is there a solution coming soon?

1 Like

Same issue here. Thanks for being on top of it and good luck resolving.

Hey everyone, as you likely know, the issue is still happening. We’re getting closer to a fix, but still not quite there yet.

You might be able to reach out to Flywheel support and see if they can help. I’m not 100% sure of how the demo sites work.

Hopefully! Part of the problem has been addressed, we just need to dig into a couple of additional things!

2 Likes

Hi all,

We believe we have resolved the Live Links certificate issues - here is a link to a Local Beta build that includes the fix: Local Beta 6.1.4 - #2.

We’re continuing to do our own QA internally before this makes it’s way into the stable release, but we wanted to publish it to unblock those trying to use Live Links for the weekend. Can you try downloading the build and letting us know if you see the issues resolved?

Thanks,
Austin Wendt, Local PM

Just tried the beta and it worked so I think you may have the issue solved.

Thanks

1 Like

I used the beta, the live link created normally but i got this error after log into the live link: In wp-admin using live-link shows error
Im on windows 10.
I hope my report-back help in someway in case other people find the same issue.

That’s a different issue.

I have tried the beta and simply cannot re-instate any of the sites I have previously built on my local machine. I can create a new site and, yes, it is possible to then enable Live Link, so the patch seems to work. But I really need to be able to simply update the existing installation of Local, to access all my work in progress, and re-establish the old Live Links, so our clients can see their work-in-progress. I can still open these sites using Local v 6.1.3+5155, but not the beta version, even after pointing the site path to the same folder.

Do you have any update about when the stable version will be released? For us, it has become a rather crucial issue. The only saving grace so far is that it is a Public Holiday here in Australia today - so none of our clients have called to complain - yet!

@johnmaclulich My friend, got a fast workaround for this. I tryed this and I got the live link working and the websites from the previous Local installation being registered.

Since LocalWP saves all user data on the folder /users/[user_name]/App Data/roaming/Local

1. First delete all the info in /users/[user_name]/App Data/roaming/Local Beta
  2. Then copy all the info from /users/[user_name]/App Data/roaming/Local to /users/[user_name]/App Data/roaming/Local Beta
  3. Make sure that the preferences point to the right folder (I did this before doing this, but I suppose this setting gets saved in that same folder you are replacing).

And that’s it. I hope this works for you.

I installed Beta in imported sites from cloud back-up. It works for me … did lose an image or two, but that was easily fixed.

1 Like

I am on a mac and after installing the Local Beta, Local doesn’t see any of my previously created sites even when I change the preference “New Site Defaults” → “Sites Path” to my old Local Sites path folder “/Users/kfrank/Local Sites” any help in getting Local Beta to recognize these existing sites would be appreciated.

I’m pretty sure that you have to import the sites into the Beta to get them working.

1 Like

You should look for the equivalent of “App data/roaming/Local beta” folder on mac and do the fix I suggested. Maybe Local Beta saves its config in other way…

Or do what @digitalone suggests.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t activate Smart Slider 3 premium plugin

Thanks everyone for giving the Beta version a spin and letting us know about your experience!

Hey @johnmaclulich - After some additional QA of the beta build, along with the replies in this forum topic, we’re feeling pretty confident in the fix without any regressions!

We still need a few build steps to complete successfully, but a new stable version should be available sometime today. If you don’t absolutely need Live Links today, I’d hold off on installing and using the Beta Build unless you are wanting to fully jump into using that potentially less stable version of Local.

Just letting this thread know – the 6.1.4 version of Local was released, so you should be able to update to the latest stable version of Local and use Live Links again!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. everything working now. Cheers.

1 Like

I have tried to update but it says I’m on the latest version of local. When I check the version I’m still on 6.1.2 though.
If I wait a couple of days will I be able to update from local directly ? I’d rather avoid going through another install and import of the website again if I can.