My User Folder uses non-ANSI character and Local can't install databases

Issue Summary

My Win 10 User Folder uses non-ANSI character (like ó) and so Local can’t install databases.
I can install Local, but can’t install WP.

Troubleshooting Questions

It happens all the time. I tried to install Local into different folders and for only me or for everyone.

• I’m not able to create a basic WP site, because databases wouldn’t install.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

You cannot use extended characters in the user name on the computer file path. Change to something like C:\Users\Miklos. You will need to create a new user.

1 Like

Yeah. That’s what I want to avoid. I have a lot of settings and apps in my present account. I can’t setup all of them under a new account.
Isn’t there anything on the Local’s side that could be done?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.