SSL certificates no longer work in Google Chrome

Update on the previous post I made. I noticed when going to Internet Properties → Content → Certificates → Trusted Root Certificate Authorities, there were multiple copies of Local’s certificate present! Same thing appears when I checked in certmgr.

image

Removing these duplicate certificates in certmgr, then following Austin’s steps to generate new certificates, caused me to get different error messages in both Chrome and Firefox. This one is bypassable normally in Chrome, without the thisisunsafe hack.

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Issuer: The original certificate provided by the server is untrusted


Still not perfect, but thought I’d share. I’m assuming all that really happened here is the workaround Austin provided just duplicated another certificate on the system, instead of properly removing the old one.