Trying To Use MainWP On Local But Keep Getting An Error When Trying To Connect Sites

@afragen

You’re not gonna believe this. The first path I tried worked!

I looked through the paths one by one and most of them looked like they were associated with Wordpress plugins but then I came across one that looked more like the examples I’d seen in one of my Google searches and it worked.

For anyone having the same issue here are the steps I followed:

1. Install MainWP on the Wordpress installation running on LocalWP using all default settings
  2. In the MainWP dashboard navigate to Settings > MainWP Tools
  3. Click the " Quick Setup Wizard" button
  4. Click “Let’s Go” and select “Localhost” and “Windows” radio buttons. (Yes, weird even though I’m on a Mac but this is what works).
  5. Enter the following path into the box that opens up once you select “Windows”
    /private/etc/ssl/openssl.cnf
  6. Click “Continue” to ensure the path you entered is saved

Then it’s just a matter of either completing the wizard to add your first site or exiting the wizard and adding a website by clicking the “New Site” button at the top right of every page in the MainWP dashboard.

Oh and to find the path of the files I was looking at… open a Finder window and make sure “Show Path Bar” is enabled in the “View” menu. For each file you single-click on in the Finder you’ll see a path at the bottom of the Finder window.

Use either Ctrl-Click, 2 finger tap or Right-Click on the file name in the path to reveal the option to “Copy FILENAME as Pathname”. See attached image below…

Finding the openssl file

2 Likes