Unable to access Website in browser after installing LocalWP

What issue or error are you experiencing?

When I enter my website’s address in the browser, I receive:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to renuivhydration.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

If choose to continue, I receive the following:
502 Error

Request Error

The page you requested generated a server error and could not be processed.
If you continue to get this message after refreshing, try restarting the Local site.

If the error persists, check the Local Router Logs in Local by going to
Help » Reveal Local Router’s Logs.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    WIndows 10 homeEdition Windows 10 Home
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎8/‎2/‎2023
    OS build 19045.4170
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19054.1000.0

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
error.log (8.0 KB)

I uninstalled Local, restarted my machine and still unable to access my website from a browser. I reinstalled Local and still unable to access my website from a browser. I am not a developer, but was using the Wordpress “The missing manual” book to help me try to create a website. After creating a test site, I can no longer access my website from the browser. I never uploaded any data from Local. It seems I did all this damage in one day. It seems like there is something on my computer that will not all me to use the browser to open my site. I can open the site from other computers.

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi, @palmerdjph.

If you set the domain name in Local to match renuivhydration.com, you computer is likely trying to visit the Local site instead of the remote one, which would explain the security warning you see.

You can try one of these options:

1. If you no longer need the site locally, delete the site in Local. This should remove the domain entries Local adds so that your browser visits the remote site instead of the local one.

2. If you do need the site locally, start Local, start the site you created, then click “change” next to “site domain” and enter a different domain to the live site (for example, renuivhydration.local instead of renuivhydration.com. You should then be able to visit the live site at the dot com domain.