Using Sage on Local

Hey @PaulVargas

I’ve used Sage many times in Local, and I’m happy to try and help you figure this out! The process of using Sage with Local shouldn’t be too different from working with other local development environments.

Since Sage introduces a build process as well as BrowserSync, it’s a little more effort to ensure that the various config options are set correctly.

My guess is that there is some config issue regarding URLs. Couple of things:

• Ensure that the site is running in Local.
  • Ensure the task runner is running? Ie, in a terminal, run npm start to make sure assets are compiled and BrowserSync is running (if you’re using BrowserSync).
  • Are you starting from a blank slate and using the composer installer, or do you have an existing Sage theme that you are trying to get to work with Local?
  • What are the urls that are being used? For example, what url is set in Local, and what are the devUrl and proxyUrl values set in the Sage theme’s resources/assets/config.json
  • What Url is being put into the browser? Are you using the devUrl or the proxyUrl?

Take a look at those things, and let me know if you have more questions, or need more help. If you do run into more issues, can you take a screenshot of the browser as well as the site in Local? That may help to get a better idea of what is going on.

– Ben

3 Likes