Warning! Missing hosts entry. This site may be inaccessible. And, Heads-up! Your site is using HTTPS but the local SSL certificate isn’t trusted

Common problem I certainly can see but a standard answer is less than obvious. I have tried just about every suggestion for the last 2 years but I’m not having any luck. Finally got to a sites (1 imported and 1 created) being listed as local sites in the Local UI. However, I have 2 error messages: Warning! Missing hosts entry. This site may be inaccessible. And, Heads-up! Your site is using HTTPS but the local SSL certificate isn’t trusted.

I have tried re-installing the Beta, installing previous version, and installing the Oracle VirtualBox as one suggested. I have reset the Hosts file as another user suggested and have tried to identify what, if anything has the hosts file locked, but found nothing (used Resource Monitor and Process Explore). I also enabled the Virtual Technology option in the BIOS. The hosts file property “Read Only” is unchecked. I use Avast AV Free and disabled all shields…I could not find anywhere that the hosts file was being locked.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.