Webhooks on form subit, one sent ok, other not sent

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I have two forms set up, Gravity Forms, on submit the first form sends the captured data via webhook to external server, redirects user to second form which on submit sends the captured data to the same external server. Each time, before the webhook is sent, the entry is created as a PDF and encoded base64 and sent in the webhook. A PDF is generated and sent for each webhook (in theory). However, the first form processes field data correctly, creates and encodes the PDF, and sends it as it should in the webhook. However, the second webhook is added to the processing queue but never sent. Am I running into some sort of resource/memory deficiency?

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Create two forms, create two webhook feeds, submit the forms, look at the logs to see what was sent.

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 8.2.1+6583

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    macOS Sonoma 14.2.1

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-logs.zip (458.5 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @Alston

There could be some different causes for this I think. We have a guide for troubleshooting performance issues here if you want to rule out any culprits. You could also try using a tool like Query Monitor to help.

It might also be helpful to enable Xdebug and see if anything there helps in your investigation:

Have you also tried testing this with all other plugins disabled? Or using a default theme? Just to rule out an conflicts with those?

Turns out I was using the incorrect PDF ID to generate the PDF. It was a silly error where I assumed the same PDF template would have the same ID across each form, whereas the same PDF template can be attached to multiple forms but each would have it’s own unique system ID. Appreciate your help.

1 Like

Hello @Alston -

Thank you for letting us know what the solution was! Happy to hear you got that figured out :slight_smile:

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.