405 Not Allowed

Issue Summary

Hi, I am trying to upload a plugin and I get error
405 Not Allowed nginx/1.16.0

I was using MacOS Catalina, I upgraded to Monterrey. Before everything worked perfect but now I can’t do it. Can you help me?

I also had a problem with the ssl certificates but I managed to solve it because it was a directory permissions issue, I solved it with a comment from someone in the community gave the solution. I don’t know if this is also a permissions issue but I don’t know how to give permissions on mac.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @maogomez! Thank you for reaching out. We may need some more details to help further.

• What plugin are you trying to upload?
  • What steps are you taking to install it? Via a zip file or searching in the WP admin or something else?
  • Can you provide a copy of your Local Log? Retrieving Local’s Log File

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

Hi, thank you for your reply.
When I try to install any plugin and any theme, I do it from a .zip the only way that works is to install it directly unzipped from the app directory, but trying to install as you install a plugin or a normal WordPress theme, I get the error that I indicate.

I attach the log file that you indicate me to see if it can be solved. Thanks

local-logs1.zip (198.9 KB)

@maogomez

If you try changing your Router Mode to Localhost does it work normally?

Router Mode

Yes, changing your Router Mode will work normally. Is this the only way?

Hi @maogomez - using that help document I linked above you may need to do some troubleshooting and see if something on your machine is blocking a port and causing a conflict when you try to use site domains. Otherwise, you’ll have to use this as a workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.