Error establishing a database connection after reinstalling Local

Issue Summary

My local site was working perfectly until I reinstalled local and now I’m getting the error " Error establishing a database connection". I have read so many other posts on the same topic but none of the resolutions work for me. I didn’t change the names of anything, only reinstalled local.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    I only have one site and it is doing it on that.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    No. It comes up with 404 error, site not found.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.6.1+6281

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Windows 10 Pro

local-logs.zip (33.1 KB)

Hi @anikasj
Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local?

More details about troubleshooting this here: Router Mode

Hi Nick,

No I don’t have any of those things. The error only started after updating Local. It was working perfectly up until that point. I ended up fixing it by uninstalling Local and reinstalling it again.

Thankfully, everything was still there after I reinstalled it because it kept timing out every time I tried to backup the site.

Got it! Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear you were able to get things working again. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.