Error Installing WordPress: TypeError: Cannot read property 'ignoreErrors' of undefined

I’m just trying to create a wordpress site for a project and it gives an error saying “TypeError: Cannot read property ‘ignoreErrors’ of undefined”.

If I click Okay, this is how it shows:

Does anyone know why it is happening, never had such an issue before! Thanks

I’m having the same issue, which started yesterday. I can’t create new sites, import them manually, nothing.

Hey @mithunnath and @glenton, Welcome to the community!

Can you please provide your local-by-flywheel.log file? See this Community Forum post:
How do I retrieve Local’s log file? for instructions on how to do so.

There might be more information about what Local is having issues within there!

Also, could you let us know your operating system and version?

Can you also confirm, this is while creating a brand new site? Not after importing or pulling one from Flywheel hosting?

Hey,

I get the same error on Linux Manjaro:

Error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘ignoreErrors’

This is part of my local-lightning.log file:

{"thread":"main","class":"WordPressInstaller","stack":"Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'ignoreErrors' of undefined\n    at WordPressInstaller.<anonymous> (/opt/Local/resources/app.asar/main/sites/wp/WordPressInstaller.js:1:18597)\n    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)\n    at _0x4164cc (/opt/Local/resources/app.asar/main/sites/wp/WordPressInstaller.js:1:5807)","level":"error","message":"Error installing WordPress","timestamp":"2019-09-28T15:20:35.693Z"}
    {"thread":"main","reason":{"message":"TypeError: Cannot read property 'ignoreErrors' of undefined","stack":"Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'ignoreErrors' of undefined\n    at WordPressInstaller.<anonymous> (/opt/Local/resources/app.asar/main/sites/wp/WordPressInstaller.js:1:18597)\n    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)\n    at _0x4164cc (/opt/Local/resources/app.asar/main/sites/wp/WordPressInstaller.js:1:5807)"},"p":{},"level":"warn","message":"Unhandled Rejection.","timestamp":"2019-09-28T15:24:26.317Z"}
    {"thread":"main","class":"Process","process":"nginx","pid":28087,"level":"info","message":"Killing process","timestamp":"2019-09-28T15:25:32.449Z"}
    {"thread":"main","class":"Process","process":"mysql","pid":28090,"level":"info","message":"Killing process","timestamp":"2019-09-28T15:25:32.450Z"}
    {"thread":"main","class":"Process","process":"mailhog","pid":28094,"level":"info","message":"Killing process","timestamp":"2019-09-28T15:25:32.450Z"}
    {"thread":"main","class":"Process","process":"nginx","pid":28108,"level":"info","message":"Killing process","timestamp":"2019-09-28T15:25:32.451Z"}

I’ve installed the following packages:

• local
  • ncurses5-compat-libs
  • libaio

And also changed permissions like this:

sudo chown root:root /opt/Local/chrome-sandbox
sudo chmod 4755 /opt/Local/chrome-sandbox

local-lightning.log (34.3 KB)

Any update on this? I’m encountering the same error on Windows 10. Hosts file is editable, local is run as administrator. Uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting… all lead to the same error. Can you please help us get this up and running?

I can confirm this error appears when creating a brand new site.
Here is a screencast of the process leading up to the error:

Logs:

{"thread":"main","class":"HostsFileService","stdout":"Updating hosts file at  C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\drivers\\etc\\hosts\nUpdated hosts file at  C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\drivers\\etc\\hosts\n","stderr":"","level":"info","message":"Updated hosts.","timestamp":"2019-10-01T09:45:42.206Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"Process","process":"nginx","level":"warn","message":"nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (10013: FormatMessage() error:(1813))","timestamp":"2019-10-01T09:45:42.477Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"WordPressInstaller","message":"Configuring wp-config.php","level":"info","timestamp":"2019-10-01T09:45:54.780Z"}
{"thread":"main","class":"WordPressInstaller","stack":"Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'ignoreErrors' of undefined\n    at WordPressInstaller.<anonymous> (C:\\Users\\Gebruiker\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Local\\resources\\app.asar\\main\\sites\\wp\\WordPressInstaller.js:1:18316)\n    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)\n    at _0x35ba50 (C:\\Users\\Gebruiker\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Local\\resources\\app.asar\\main\\sites\\wp\\WordPressInstaller.js:1:5679)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:86:5)","level":"error","message":"Error installing WordPress","timestamp":"2019-10-01T09:45:58.020Z"}
{"thread":"main","reason":{"message":"TypeError: Cannot read property 'ignoreErrors' of undefined","stack":"Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'ignoreErrors' of undefined\n    at WordPressInstaller.<anonymous> (C:\\Users\\Gebruiker\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Local\\resources\\app.asar\\main\\sites\\wp\\WordPressInstaller.js:1:18316)\n    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)\n    at _0x35ba50 (C:\\Users\\Gebruiker\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Local\\resources\\app.asar\\main\\sites\\wp\\WordPressInstaller.js:1:5679)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:86:5)"},"p":{},"level":"warn","message":"Unhandled Rejection.","timestamp":"2019-10-01T09:46:01.923Z"}