How to disable db backup on site stop

What issue or error are you experiencing?

When the site stops, it hangs for minutes (30 for me) while the database is exported.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Stop any site.

System Details

• Local Version:
    Current

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    OSX Monterey

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

not relevant

Is there some kind of config file switch I can modify to prevent this database dump on site stop from happening? It’s unnecessary.

Hi @theMikeD

Does this happen with any Local site? Or just a specific site? For example, if you create a new, blank site and try starting/stopping it does it still hang?

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

This issue is caused by LocalWP dumping a 2.8gb database on every close. I would like a way to not do this.

So: Is there some kind of config file switch I can modify to prevent this database dump on site stop from happening?

Is 2.8 GB the size of your site’s DB? Or where are you getting that data?

Are you working on one particularly large site? Or if you create a new blank site and try to close that does it still take half an hour?

30 minutes is definitely not the norm, and we haven’t been able to recreate this. Unless there is something else unique about the site you are working on your particular machine.

Yes, it’s the size of the database. No, it’s only this site, because the database is huge only for this site, and local is dumping it on every save.

I don’t need you to re-create it. I don’t need you to debug the size of my database. I really need an answer to the questionI asked.

So, again…please: Is there some kind of config file switch I can modify to prevent this database dump on site stop from happening?

So, again…please: Is there some kind of config file switch I can modify to prevent this database dump on site stop from happening?

To answer your question, no there is not a way to prevent this from happening. If you’d like you could create a Feature Request around this to see if other users would find something like this valuable.

If you have any other questions let us know!

Or maybe your product manager can.

Thanks for the answer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.