Issues with login to local site

Issue Summary

Trying to login to my local site I’ll get forwarded to the remote site. I’ve created the local site and migrated a backup (UpdraftOlus Permium)

Troubleshooting Questions

It’s my first local site. A standard local site does not show this behaviour.

System Details

Local most recent version, Windows 11 Home
local-logs.zip (22.2 KB)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @ErnstWG

So when you try to access the Local site you’re getting forwarded to the live, hosted version of the site?

It’s likely just caching getting in the way. You may need to try clearing the cache and cookies on your browser and then closing your active sessions to start with a clean slate.

How do I clear my browser’s cache?

You may also try utilizing a different browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer if you’re using Chrome for example) or an Incognito window to troubleshoot further.

The easiest way to open an Incognito window is with the keyboard shortcut combination Ctrl-Shift-N (Windows) or Command-Shift-N (macOS). Another way is to click on the menu on the upper right — it’s three vertical dots — and select New Incognito Window from the list.

Hi. Thanks for your advice. I could solve this issue so far

I changed the WP Home and WP URL settings in wp_config.php both to the adress of the Local Site. That fixed my issue. Hope the migration way backwards will be fine.

After that I created a new post without media, NOT successful. Some json message: Publishing failed: you are probably offline.
Creating a new post with media came up with a different message. Publishing the post was NOT successful. Some json message: Network error when attemting to fetch ressource.

Does someone has a good question or an idea ?

Hello @ErnstWG -

I researched that error you mentioned:

Some json message: Publishing failed: you are probably offline.

it sounds like it may be an issue with mixed content http versus https.

When you updated that Site URL in the wp-config.php file what did you set it to?

Thanks!

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.