Lightning not supporting Apache?

Hi there,
I am new to WP and also Local. I played with local and decided to change to Lightning on a new computer. I just tried to use it and noticed it doesn’t support Apache. I have just downloaded local 5.3.1, hopefully it will work with Apache as that is what is on my hosting. If anyone could offer any advice then I would be very grateful.
Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew -
FYI, Local “Lightning” which is now called simply, “Local”, does not support Apache. It is supposedly in the works, but no time frame has been posted by the Local team.

Jeff
–––––

1 Like

Hey Jeff and Andrew,

If you go over to our Feature Request board in Canny, you can up-vote this item and get notified as we work on it: https://localwp.canny.io/admin/board/feature-requests/p/apache-web-server-option

This has been a hot-topic in Canny and the Forums, so we have this planned and working on it in the next few weeks!

1 Like

Hi Jeff,
Hopefully they do bring out a version. I have just started hosting with company on Litespeed with an Apache drop-in and MariaDB. I have been told that sites built in local 3.3.0 should host OK on there. I have no idea though. Might just start building online if needs must.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.