Both Local and WordPress were created to help anyone build websites! With time and intentionality, we’ll continue to build on that mission by achieving Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Level AA conformance in the future.
With this release, we’re working toward making Local a more accessible development tool for all users. Here’s how:
- Colors and contrast have been updated to meet accessibility standards throughout the app.
- A 3-dot context menu has been added next to the site’s name to allow access to features that previously existed only in the right-click menu.
- The ability to navigate within Local without using a mouse has been improved.
- Blueprints have been added to the left-hand navigation menu in Local! Users can view and manage their Blueprints on this new page. Previously, Blueprints only appeared in the user preferences; with this change, Blueprints have been removed from Preferences.
- Blueprints can now be renamed from the Blueprints home page via the 3-dot context menu next to the Blueprint’s name.
- Resolved an issue where port conflicts could prevent a Local site or its services from starting correctly. Local’s port allocation will now better handle conflicts when they occur.