Local Hosts Problem

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I am getting this error when I start the application

I get this error when I try to launch any website.

I reset the hosts file it’s not read-only and that’s how it has permissions

I don’t use any virus program. I’m actively using Windows’ own defender. I’ve been using Defender before and had no issues. I deleted the hosts file and created it from scratch again but the error did not go away. When I try to write something to the hosts file and save it, I get a warning that this file is being used by another program.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

I get this error when I run the application and want to launch any site

System Details

• **Local Version : 7.1.2 **

• **Operating System (OS) and OS version: Windows 10 ver. 22H2 **

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Log File :
local-lightning.log (1.8 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @yenerbeser

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

no i just use local

Can you share your full Local Log so we can see if anything else might point to an issue? There are some different ways to access and share Local Logs. For us to be able to troubleshoot thoroughly, please click the Download Local Logs button from the Support tab in Local. This will generate a zip archive that contains the Local log along with some other diagnostic information to help quickly zero in on any issues that Local is encountering.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.