Local site does not match connected site

Issue Summary

I’m new to local. I connected to my wp engine site and expected the downloaded site to look the same on my local machine, but it does not. Specifically, I notice that some images do not appear.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

Only one I tried.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Yes.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

Latest

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    • For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional

Windows 11 Home

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi there @FourthZ, welcome to the Local community! :wave:

Thank you for bringing your question here.

Can you provide a little more information about your WordPress setup? For example, what themes and plugins are you using on the site?

Let’s start there!

Sam :woman_technologist:t3:

Thanks for helping out!

I am using the Divi theme. I have many plugins. I’ll list them, but it’s a long list: Category Posts Widget, Code Embed, Divi 100 Hamburger Menu, Divi 100 Login Page, Divi Article Cards, Divi Booster, Elegant Themes Updater, Export User Data, Login or Logout Menu Item, MemberPress MailChimp 3.0, MemberPress Plus 10 (Legacy), Menu Items Visibility Control, PDF Embedder, PHP Compatibility Checker, SeedProd Coming Soon Page Pro, User Switching, WordPress Importer, WP Mail SMTP, WPForms Lite, Wufoo Shortcode Plugin, Yoast Duplicate Post, Yoast SEO.

Also note that the basic web is there after I imported to Local, but some elements are missing, such as a background picture that I have on the home page.

Thanks again!

Hi @FourthZ -

Thank you so much for that extra context. I have a few things you could try:

1. Do you have SSL turned on for the site? Perhaps there is an issue with mixed content (both http:// and https://)

2. Sometimes we see issues with page builders (such as Divi) and images in Local. One thing you can try is disabling or clearing Static CSS generation. You can find this under Divi > Theme Options > Builder.

Shared with CloudApp

Do you want to try those things & let me know how it goes?

Sam

Thanks so much. I have it looking correct now! Much appreciated!

Mike

Hi @FourthZ -

So glad to hear everything is working for you now!

Be sure to stop by with more questions as you’re building with Local :slight_smile:

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.