Modify app/public directory

I’m in a situation where the repo I’m working with has WordPress in a subdirectory of the repo. As an example, the repo has a folder ‘www’ that has the root of WordPress there. If I clone the repo into the app/public folder, I’ll end up with app/public/www/wordpress

So, I’m looking to point the root of the site (app/public) to that sub WordPress folder (app/public/www/wordpress) so I don’t have to go to: local.site.com/www/wordpress

Does that make sense? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

To be clear, it looks like this can be set in the site.conf file, however, with the site I just setup (first since the update), I don’t seem to have a config folder available with all of the config files.

I was searching for a solution to the same problem. Somehow I got it to work on a couple projects but couldn’t replicate my success. But I think I came up with a solution.

This was my work around (I use GitKraken):

1. Create Local site
  2. Create Git Repo with Read Me
  3. Change the name of local Public folder to “xpublic”
  4. Clone repo to app (click open when app it highlighted and not opened) and rename Full Path “Public”
  5. Pull
  6. Add .gitignore to Public
  7. Add contents of Public to Public
  8. Commit and Push
  9. Delete xpublic folder
  10. Rock & Roll!

Let me know if this works for you making repos others can work with and cloning repos that exist.