MySQL Port Number keeps changing between 10006 and 10007

Issue Summary

When pulling a site from WPEngine, sometimes the MySQL port number changes (between 10007 and 10006). When it changes, I cannot pull the site db any longer and the site doesn’t work (as it’s expecting the database on the wrong port). How do I set my LOCAL to point to the db where the wpEngine site is pointing (and how do I know before I start the pull and it fails after an hour)?

Troubleshooting Questions

I only have one site

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

ONly happens when multiple pulls of site. Sometimes it works for days, then the db port number inexplicably changes.

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

Current version of Local
On Windows server

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Windows server

• Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

I end up having to delete the directory on my local machine and start the pull from WPEngine from scratch.
Oh, when the MySQL port changes, the old MySQL is still there on the now wrong port…

Hi @Owen37

We would be happy to assist with your Local troubleshooting! Could you provide some more details to help us take a further look?

• What is your OS?

• What version of Local are you on?

• Please attach a copy of your Local Logs

Have you reached out to WPE support about this at all to see if they can look at your installation? If not, we may want to collect your install name or URL to test but we can do that over DM if you’re more comfortable.

Are you able to download a backup and direct import that without issue as a workaround?

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.