Not Found The requested URL / was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Issue Summary

Hi guys. Just installed local and everything seemed to go fine but when I clicked on the View Site button, I got this error. I did instal DesktopServer but it had errors writing to the preference file and didn’t so I deleted it and installed Local.

I am running Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.5 with 16 MB Ram and 1 Tb hard drive

Can’t seem to find a similar issue or fix within other topics.

regards
Bren

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

Hi everyone

I’m not sure what has happened over the last 24 hours. I haven’t restarted my computer or anything. However when I click on the View Site button now I do get the local website and Hello world page. So maybe it just needs some time to sort itself out. I’ll keep an eye on things and update this topic if it changes.

cheers
logozuu

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.