One or more database tables are unavailable

Issue Summary

I duplicated an existing wordpress website and made a staging environment of it with Local WP. Had some database warnings now and then, but cleared them by deactivating some plugins.

Then, yesterday, the whole site crashed. I used Local WP to edit and go through the wordpress based website, and had done some updates there. I also think I did update Local WP to the newest version.

Now I only get the error: One or more database tables are unavailable. The database may need to be [repaired]

I follow the guide there, adding define(‘WP_ALLOW_REPAIR’, true); to config.php and then use repair, but It never works and I just wind up in the same loop again, same warning, being told to add this code to the config.php, then repair, and back to same error again.

I’m not used to databases, so I’m stuck. And running out of time. I had built a good demo version for meg client and now everything is gone. At least it seems like it to me.

HOW can I get access to the site again?

Also: in local WP it says: “WARNING! This sites Wordpress URL settings do not match the host set in Local”. And when I try to fix it with the button FIX IT, I only get the error warning “Uh-Oh! Unable to change site domain to host”

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

Just this one.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Yes, I did, but then, after copying over folder by folder from the first site, this also went down, error saying “bad gateway”

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

Updated yesterday to Version 6.6.0.

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

MacOS Monterey, version 12.6, Apple M1 Pro

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi there @monicahelen - welcome to the Local community :wave:

Did you happen to change your site URL somewhere (either in the WordPress Settings panel or in the wp-config.php file)?

Let’s start there,

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.