Phlox theme download failed windows 7

Hi all,
I am new to using LOcal by flywheel. I have it installed on my laptop using windows 10 with no problems. I have my desktop using windows 7 which is presenting isues. The problem I am encountering is when I try to download the Phlox theme I get Update Failed. Also when I try to install Elementor plugin I get the same message Update Failed.
I downloaded the Sydney them, when I attempt to customise it I receive the following message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function auxin_get_option() in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/auxin-elements/includes/general-hooks.php:2474 Stack trace: #0 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): auxin_custom_404_page(Object(WP)) #1 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array) #2 /app/public/wp-includes/plugin.php(515): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp.php(726): do_action_ref_array(‘wp’, Array) #4 /app/public/wp-includes/functions.php(960): WP->main(’’) #5 /app/public/wp-blog-header.php(16): wp() #6 /app/public/index.php(17): require(’/app/public/wp-…’) #7 {main} thrown in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/auxin-elements/includes/general-hooks.php on line 2474

Can anyone offer a solution to my problem please I am finding it very frustrating. I like the layout of flywheel but may have to return to using wamp…

Hi @Greenhorn,

Sorry for the trouble!

When you see the “Update Failed.” error, is there any other information? It might help to follow the steps in this FAQ: Help! My Local site cannot establish a connection to WordPress.org

The actual PHP error looks like it’s caused by the failing downloads like you said. To fix that, your best bet is to manually browse to the site’s app/public/wp-content folder by right-clicking on the site in Local’s sidebar and then going to “Show Site Folder”

Once you’re in the site folder, browse to the plugins and themes directories and remove the themes/plugins throwing the errors.