Seeing router's error message: "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

1. Steps to reproduce:

a. Open Local by Flywheel
b. Start site

1. What happens?

The following error message appears on top: " Heads-up! Local’s router is having trouble starting.** View the router log file for more details."

By looking at the router log file we see:

2019/11/08 19:10:45 [emerg] 9888#19072: bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (10013: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions)

Can you assist?

1 Like

This is using Windows 10 right?

I’m getting this same error with Windows 7.

I have the same error, what is the a solution for this? Yesterday it worked just fine.

2020/02/27 16:50:46 [emerg] 34460#30728: bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (10013: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions)

A reboot of my Windows 10 machine fixed this error. The problem is, that I cannot reboot just like that, I have a lot of Apps and emails open where type as I test… so it’s not the best solution…

From Ben Turner’s (Flywheel engineer) reply to earlier query: "For these kinds of situations where there’s already another app that’s taking either port 80 or 443 (the defaults for HTTP and HTTPS) Local has a different “Router Mode” that can be accessed from “Preferences > Advanced” I tried that, switching to Localhost from SiteDomains, and got through.