Local Community

Sites get stuck on "Exporting DB" when stopping

In recent versions of Local, I have frequently observed the following issue. When I stop a site, it spins for a very long times, sometimes indefinitely. It always gets stuck on “Exporting DB”.

Sometimes, after a very long time, I get another message to the effect of “something went wrong and mysql wasn’t available”, but I don’t have the exact error handy right now.

Windows 10. Local 2.4.3.

Hi Mark,

Can you please provide your local-by-flywheel.log file so we can take a closer look into this? See How do I retrieve Local's log file? for instructions on how to do so.

Also, does this happen on all of your Local sites or only a select group?

Log is attached. It seems to happen either to all sites or none.

I’ve also noticed recently that sometimes I can’t open Local because there’s already a process running in the background. In those cases, I have to force close it from the task manager to restart Local. It feels like a separate issue, but is also fairly recent.

local-by-flywheel.log (492.6 KB)

Thanks!

See my last reply here Local does not start consistently. Multiple instances running in background. If you download that build, please let me know if it helps out :slight_smile:

Based off of some of the recent errors in the log, it looks like it may be a disk mounting issue. Here’s the error:

error: [main/exportDB]  Error: mv: failed to close '/app/sql/local.sql': Input/output error

I recommend trying the following:

1. Restart the Local Machine by going to Help » Restart Local’s Machine in the top-left menu
  2. Go to Preferences » Advanced and toggle Faster Docker Volumes. If it’s enabled, try disabling it. If it’s disabled, try enabling it.

It seems that disabling faster docker volumes has mostly fixed the issue.