Unable to open my local site

Issue Summary

I am unable to open the website in my computer. I get " Error establishing a database connection"

One or two sentence summary of the issue.
I am unable to open the website in my computer
I don´t fully understand the system and I get confused about local and Flywheel.com

I could download Local and I could create a site.
Next, I uploaded wp-content and database to replace them, as shown in the videos.
I´m not sure if the issue is due to HOST: as on “Database” tab I still see my hosting provider displayed (“aflorarte1.netfirmsmysql.com”) and what I need is to have the web in my computer. Anyway, I wouldn´t know how to edit this.

I haven´t purchased any hosting plan in Flywheel . HOweer, I tried setting “Flywheel” as a host or none at all but this makes no change at all.

Do I need to buy a hosting plan considering I want to user Local as local, staging site.

Please help, I would like to share the log results from my /local-lightning

Thank you in advance!

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    This is my first site in Local

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    What I am doing is creating a site with a backup of the website I already have live. I have been having many plugins control and I was thinking of using Flywheel as a staging site.

Replication

System Details

Windows 10

• Which version of Local is being used?
    Local 6.1.2

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Windows 10

Which is the way to submit my local-lightning file for your reference?

Thank you very much

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.