Unable to see my site

I need a help
i installed local version 5.9.7 and now i am unable to see my site
its very very important
i did it for a client
Can i have a number o something to contact who works for local please its very very very important !!

Hey @kadi, Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

It’s hard to say without a bit more information. Can you answer these questions:

• Was Local recently updated? Which version did Local update from?
  • What Operating System and OS version is being used?
  • Can you please provide your Local Log? See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:
  • Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one?
  • Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site?

Local doesn’t have any phone support, but if you have a Local Pro subscription, you can submit a priority support ticket from the “Support” tab within Local.

Otherwise, I’m happy to help here in the community forums, just include some answers to the above questions and we should be able to get you pointed in the right direction!

I just installed the latest version of local 9.5.7 after the installation I no longer had access to my sites. My question is how to recover my site it must necessarily be in the local database since I designed it with local and it was almost finished all over again it takes me a lot of time it is not possible to make an installation and lose everything like that.

It’s hard to say what to do next without knowing more details about what’s going on. Can you answer some of the questions in the previous reply so that we can get a better idea of what’s broken in Local?

One thing you might try restoring the site to a new one in Local by following the steps outlined in the “Restoring From Only Local Site files” section of this help doc:

Either way, we’re happy to help, we just need more info to get you pointed in the right direction!

Yes local was recently updated i did that today
The version is 9.5.7
I am using local from Windows
My sites disapear after the update i had only one sites In local
I am able to create a new site but i would like to have access to my previous sites it’s very important

And yes i am going to provide you my local log

And i saw that on local community ’m not the only person that this happened to that is really annoying and not having someone who can directly restore our site on the premises is even more

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Looking forward to seeing that Log as it will help dive into what’s going on with Local! If you can, I’d love to get a screenshot of Local as well!

I totally understand the frustration! There are a few users that have reported issues, but we haven’t been able to reliably reproduce the error, so there isn’t any way for us to fix things just yet.

If you are experiencing the same thing as what is described in this topic:

You might be able to have a workaround of installing the older, 5.9.3 version of Local:

Again though, it’s hard to know if this is the same issue without knowing more details about what’s going on.

I have the same problem
I am able to create a new sites too but i didn’t try it i would like to know if it’s possible to have acess again to My previous sites.

I also installed version 9.5.3 as shown but my site was not repairing

Here is my reveal local’s log

Thanks for providing that log! There isn’t much here to point to what exactly is going on.

From the screenshots, I’m not seeing any reference to sites, so the best option is to try and find the site files and attempt to restore the site from those.

By default, Local stores the site data in the user’s home directory, so you can try restoring the files by navigating to where those files are and following the steps outlined in the “Restoring From Only Local Site files” section of this help doc:

I have done local update 9.5.3 but there is no change I do not see my site. I type my site at the search bar on the internet and I have seen the site when I make change I can not. how to restore the site to local? or can I connect directly to WordPress and find the site?

image.jpg

Do you know if the original version was “Local by Flywheel” (as opposed to just “Local”)?

Since you are able to reach the original site in a browser, that makes me think that there’s another version of Local running somewhere.

For example, in my Windows machine, I have both “Local by Flywheel” and “Local”

If you search within your apps for “Local” – do you get more than one option? What happens if you open the other program?

Hi @ben.turner, I have the same problem.
If you could help me I will be so grateful, I believe my restore is not working because I cant find the file .sql to zip with my files
could please check my post

there you can see everything you need.
Pleaseeeeee I just need recover one website :pray:

Hi @Erminio! I’ve updated your original post thread.

2 Likes