Updated Local has long warning in 'wordpress version' - what to do, please?

Issue Summary

I cannot run my one installed site. I do not know how to uninstall it, so I can install an uncorrupted version (if that is the problem). There is a huge WordPress version error message, is that why?

Troubleshooting Questions

• Currently, there is only one site set up.
  • Yes! I can create and then open a test site in a browser.

Replication

I don’t know the steps I took in detail.
I installed an older (do not know which) version of Local at the beginning of the year, and then I became blocked for ages as my Wampserver was badly in a muddle and nothing worked.
In the last week, I have sorted the Wampserver (huge thanks to Otomatic at the Wampserver forum), uninstalled the previous Local version, and installed Local 6.4.1 as a fresh start. The site I created before is still there in Local.
Now there is a huge warning message for Wordpress version and i cannot open the site in a browser, whereas originally I could run it in a browser. (I have uploaded a zip file of the waning message.)

System Details

• Local 6.4.1+5978

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Windows 10 Home

local-lightning.log (114.3 KB)

wp-warning.zip (594 Bytes)

I do hope that you can advise how to disentangle ths muddle, with many thanks in advance
C
p.s. It took me a good while to work out that “attach a file” is, in fact, “upload”.

Hello @Confusa - thank you for bringing your question to the Local forum!

To clarify, are you trying to delete the site you were working on earlier this year that has carried over into your new Local install so you can start fresh?

Thanks!

Sam :woman_technologist:t3:

Sam
Thank you for reading my question and answering.
Yes.
I installed an earlier version of Local at the beginning of the year and created a site.
Time moves on, and to try and make a new start, I unnstalled the previous version of Local and install the current version.
Firstly, the site I created previously is still there, but with a long warning message in the Wordpress version box.
I have created a new site, and that opens with the generic page with a flying bird.

So, either how do I delete the apparently corrupted site, or how do I recover it?
(By the way, the Apache, Wordpress and PHP versions seccified in Local are not the versions installed on my computer. Is this a problem?)

Thann
king you again, I Look forward to your advice.
C

Hi @Confusa -

I’m not sure how you would go about recovering the corrupted site, but to delete it you should be able to right click it from within Local and delete the site. Have you tried that?

Your new site sounds like it’s working properly (and that it is using the Twenty Twenty Two theme).

Let me know if that helps,

Dear Sam
Yes, right-clicking certainly helped. I didn’t realise there is a hidden menu, nor that are so many options there.

I have three further questions, please.

1. Doing some exploring, once my site is started, clicking on ‘Open site shell’, returns this:
    Setting Local environment variables…

WP-CLI: Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘php_imagick.dll’ (tried: C:/Program Files (x86)/Local/resources/extraResources/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+18/bin/win64/ext\php_imagick.dll (The specified module could not be found.), C:/Program Files (x86)/Local/resources/extraResources/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+18/bin/win64/ext\php_php_imagick.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
WP-CLI: WP-CLI 2.6.0
Composer: Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘php_imagick.dll’ (tried: C:/Program Files (x86)/Local/resources/extraResources/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+18/bin/win64/ext\php_imagick.dll (The specified module could not be found.), C:/Program Files (x86)/Local/resources/extraResources/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+18/bin/win64/ext\php_php_imagick.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
Composer: Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘php_imagick.dll’ (tried: C:/Program Files (x86)/Local/resources/extraResources/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+18/bin/win64/ext\php_imagick.dll (The specified module could not be found.), C:/Program Files (x86)/Local/resources/extraResources/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+18/bin/win64/ext\php_php_imagick.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
Composer: Composer version 2.1.5 2021-07-23 10:35:47
PHP: Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘php_imagick.dll’ (tried: C:/Program Files (x86)/Local/resources/extraResources/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+18/bin/win64/ext\php_imagick.dll (The specified module could not be found.), C:/Program Files (x86)/Local/resources/extraResources/lightning-services/php-7.4.1+18/bin/win64/ext\php_php_imagick.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP: 7.4.1
MySQL: mysql Ver 8.0.16 for Win64 on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)

Loaded Shell for Local Site: site1

C:\Users\salamander\Local Sites\site1\app\public>

Please would you advise?

1. The values shown on Overview are not the same as those installed on my computer.
    Overview shows php version 7.4.1
    MySQL database 8.0.1
    No Apache version is shown.

My php version is 7.3.21
MySQL database is 5.4.31
Apache is 2.4.54

Is there a problem with these differences?

1. I have an existing website, with a copy on my computer. How do I make this site connected (is that the right word) or visible using Local? I need to upgrade the site to mobile-friendly using Wordpress, but I need to develop it off-line first.

Thanking you in advance for your help with these queries,
C

Hi @Confusa -

There is a thread regarding imagick (that’s what I’m seeing referenced in your errors provided) - I would start here:

To connect a site via Local you can import it following these steps:

The import requires 2 files:

1. The wp-content folder (containing plugins, themes, and uploads)
  2. A database dump as a sql file

So you’ll want to be sure those are in the file you’re importing.

I hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.