Windows 8.1 support

Issue Summary

Cannot install Local 6.4.2 on Windows 8.1 machine.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    N/A yet

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    N/A yet

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!
Just try to install Local 6.4.2 on Windows 8.1 with plenty of memory and disk space

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Windows 8.1

• Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @Ashok - Thanks for using Local!

Unfortunately, I don’t have a Windows 8.1 machine to try and reproduce this myself. Two main questions for me to help dig in -

• Is this just an issue with Local 6.4.2? Have you been able to/tried to install previous versions of Local? For example, here is the download for Local 6.4.1 - Releases - Local
  • When you say “cannot install”, what happens? Do you get any sort of error messaging? Any screenshots that you could share so I can see what you’re seeing would be helpful!

Thanks Austin. This is my introduction to Local. I was using ServerPress before and I am trying to migrate to Local.

I do not yet know how to upload the image. I did a cut and paste here. Let us see if you get it. I am in the application installation section.
“Choose Installation Location”. It has three buttons, “Back”, “Install”, and “Cancel”. The “Install” button is not enabled.

Thanks for your help.

Ashok

Hello Austin,

I tried to install Local 6.4.1, but encountered the same issue as the one above with 6.4.2.

Sincerely,

Ashok

GA Austin. Is there any updates for me regarding Windows 8.1 and Local.

Sincerely,

Ashok

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.