2.2.1 FUBAR on Windows 10 Pro

After uninstall when 2.2.1 was installed over last version and 2.2.1 was presumed installed fresh for the same reasons: XDebug doesn’t show any configuration and even worse Local sites load the default inetpub/wwwroot folder on Windows 10. I used Custome Environment with PHP 7.2, nginx and MySql 5.6.

Uninstall leaves unwanted files around as project names showed up when reinstalling what was thought to be fresh instance. Have no idea how to REALLY uninstall Local all the way.

Hi Clinton,

Sorry for the trouble! Uninstalling Local on Windows removes Local’s settings only. It does not remove the virtual machine or VirtualBox.

Please see https://local.getflywheel.com/community/t/how-do-i-uninstall-local-on-windows/ for more details.

Actually, the first thing I did was read the FAQ. I used that process explained in the FAQ.

The point remains. 2.2.1 remains FUBAR on Windows 10 Pro. The XDebug configuration does not even appear in the UI and Local loads sites from inetpub/wwwroot which IIS and IISExpress use for our ASP.NET websites on the localhost.

Somewhere the port assignments are screwed up. Local should not be listening on port 80 on Windows which resolves to inetpub/wwwroot.

This release of 2.2.1 is even more unstable than the last. Is it usable at all for WordPress developers?

Make sure that the add-on in enabled under Preferences » Add-ons

This is the first report I’ve heard of this. The ports are handled by VirtualBox’s network device and usually coexist without any conflict. Can you please provide a specific example of what’s happening?

What version were you using before? What are you noticing problems with outside of the problems listed above?

Clay I have a lot of work to get done and I’m getting nowhere debugging your software for you. The attached text file is all I can manage for the time being…

Please keep me informed when you have stable software that runs on Windows 10.