I just started with Local. Installed Local, VS Code and the Xdebug + VS Code extension. Installed a test version of a WordPress website.
This is working all right, but when I wait longer than 60 seconds while “sitting on a breakpoint” in VS Code, my browser produces a 504 gateway timeout error. To get the website to “continue”, it has to be reloaded.
In my old setup (with DesktopServer and VS Code)) this did not happen, so I guess I should be able to change this with some setting somewhere, but I cannot find it.
Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
I have only one site at this time.
Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
- Start WordPress website, installed on Local
- Open a page from this website in a browser
- Open the website in VS Code
- Set a breakpoint in, for example my theme’s functions.php file
- Reload the webpage in the browser, causing functions.php to be run
- VS Code shows that the breakpoint is hit
- Don’t leave the breakpoint but wait 60 seconds: the browser produces a 504 gateway timeout error
There is no recovery from this status, other than starting all over again (reload the web page). For step-wise debugging this is quite inconvenient.
- Which version of Local is being used?
Local 5.10.3+5332 (system setup), but it also happened on 5.10.1, a few days ago
Extension Xdebug + VS Code 1.0.6
VS Code 1.55.0 (system setup)
Site settings: Apache 2.4, PHP 7.4.1, MySQL 8.0.16
Browser Firefox Developer Edition 88
What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
- Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19042)
Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:
local-lightning.log (140.1 KB)