Accessing Livelink from iPhone doesn't work

Hi,

When trying to access the livelink from my iPhone, logging in using the provided info, Safari won’t load the site, telling me that it couldn’t open the site because of re-directed too many times.

Also tried Google Chrome on my iPhone, but it’s the same issue.

Need to access my site from a phone, what can I do to get it to work?

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 8.3.2+6660

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Mac OS Sonoma 14.4 (23E214)

Hi there @Yngve -

Do you have an SSL installed?

Do you have any plugins that may be rewriting URL’s or forcing HTTPS?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi Sam!

Thanks for replying.

The only thing that comes to mind would be a plugin called “Really Simple SSL” that I use on my live site, it’s also active on my local site. Would it be the cause of this issue?

/Yngve

It’s possible @Yngve! You could try disabling that just to test.

Is there any difference if your phone is using WiFi versus LTE data as well?

Hi Nick-B

I disabled the plugin and tried both on WiFi and LTE, the same error message, too many redirection :disappointed:

/Yngve

Tried on my Mac as well in Safari, the error message:

“Load cannot follow more than 20 redirections” (:0)

/Yngve

If it’s happening both on and off network then something within the site might still be causing the issue. Can you try disabling all plugins? If you have many you can use the Open Site Shell to run the command wp plugin deactivate --all

As another workaround, if you’re still having trouble, you could try pushing the site up to a Demo to see how it looks there. Flywheel offers free 14 day Demos that you could test out: Demo Site

Ahh, I found the problem. After using the code you provided (great tip btw :+1:) which disabled all the plugins in one sweep, I enabled one by one. It turned out to be the W3 Total Cache plugin which was causing the issue.

Thanks for helping me out here Nick-B :+1:

/Yngve

2 Likes

Glad to hear it @Yngve and thank you for the update for us and others to find! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.