Add link to a custom page

I have created “C:\Users\RBBD\Local Sites\firstlocal\app\public\wp-content\uploads\2022\03/index.html”
How do I get to it through the menu.
My local website is “http://firstlocal.local
What URL will find it?

Issue Summary

One or two sentence summary of the issue.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

I’m not clear in what you’re trying to accomplish. You seem to have added an html page index.html as a media upload.

Otherwise anything added as a Media file can be seen from the Media Library in the dashboard.

Thanx for your response. I wish to enter a URL to get to the page in the subdirectory mentioned above through the menu. Before WP 5.9 and block editing, I would go to menu and create a “custom link”.
I would also be on a hosted site. Now I am doing it with “local” and FSE.

What I don’t understand is why you simply don’t recreate this as a page or a post?

I’m not sure how to do this with FSE, though I would expect it to be possible. Consider linking to it as a media file since that’s where you’re storing it.

Could you expand a bit on how to “Consider linking to it as a media file”?
I am a littlenew to some of this. Thanx.

You might want to ask in the WP.org forums.

OK, Thanx for that

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.