I imported a local website files hosted on my machine into local. I used the wp-content file and the sql file, also tried all the site files and sql file and it didn’t pull over my theme or plugins.
This is my first time using local so I’m not sure if I’m mising a step.
- Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
This is my first time using local
- Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
Yes, I just want to import a site I was working with locally.
Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!
- Which version of Local is being used?
- What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
Windows 10 Pro
- For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
- Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:
Retrieving Local’s Log
error.log (1017 Bytes)
- Retrieving Local’s Log
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.