Add-ons stuck on "Installing...."

Hi,

I try to install Image Optimizer and Cloud backup add-ons on my Local 6.4.3 (Ubuntu), but it is stuck on “Installing…” status :

Is there any way to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Hi @cnarff!

Does it still happen after restarting Local or rebooting your machine?

I’m assuming it’s the same for any other add-ons as well?

What OS are you on?

Hi Nick,

Does it still happen after restarting Local or rebooting your machine?

yes

I’m assuming it’s the same for any other add-ons as well?

yes

What OS are you on?

Zorin OS 6.2 (Ubuntu based)

Thanks

Hi @cnarff

In order to refresh here and start with a clean slate could you give the below troubleshooting steps a try?

• Export any sites that you have on Local and save them to a folder somewhere on your computer.

• Fully uninstall Local from your computer.

• Install the latest version of Local on this link.

• Once installed, please restart the computer.

• When the computer is restarted and turned on, close any applications that automatically run in the background (AntiVirus, Firewall, and other Developer applications included).

• Check and see if the issue still persists. If so, please provide us with an updated log. Retrieving Local’s Log File

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

Hi,

I found this on the log : Unhandled Rejection

It seems that this issue is because my Home folder (hence the .local folder) is moved to another partition: Installing Runs Forever - #19 by kal40

So here is the solution. I am using Ubuntu based distro called Zorin OS 16. So I think it will be the same for all Ubuntu based distros.

Step 1:

Open terminal and type:

# Change into the Local installation directory
cd /opt/Local
# Run Local
./local

Step 2
Download the addon and keep checking the terminal. Once you see a message like the following:

7/24/2021, 12:57:10 PM [warn] [main] undefined: Unhandled Rejection. – {“reason”:{“errno”:-18,“syscall”:“rename”,“code”:“EXDEV”,“path”:"/tmp/local-mlfkOt-OG/package",“dest”:"%%userDataPath%%/addons/@getflywheel-local-addon-instant-reload"},“p”:{}}

From this error notice the temporary directory where the addon got downloaded. In my case it was /tmp/local-mlfkOt-OG/package. Go to this directory and copy all the contents.

Step 3
Go to your home folder and press CTRL+H to display hidden files.

Go to the .config/Local/addons folder and create a directory called @getflywheel-local-addon-instant-reload (In my case the addon was instant reload. If your addon is a different one then you can copy its name from the error message).

Go into the newly created @getflywheel-local-addon-instant-reload directory and paste all the contents that you copied from the /tmp/local-mlfkOt-OG/package directory.

That’s it! Now open Local and click on Add-ons and check the installed tab. Your add-on will appear there. Turn it ON and restart local and it will work.

This bug is a pity as it is pretty common and secure to use another partition for home or profile.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your resolution and feedback @cnarff!

This worked for me on Manjaro Linux.

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Thanks, this works!!!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this solution. It works for me on Debian 11!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.