Can I download localwp on two different computers using the same account signin?

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I have downloaded localwp onto 2 different computers using the same account. However, when I try to sign in to localwp on the second computer I am getting this error message. Can I not use the same account if it is a different computer?

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version: Latest version

• Operating System (OS) and OS version: Windows

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @wordpnoob

You can totally use the same account to login. If you’re seeing that error it could be due to some different issues:

• Do you get the error in any browser or just a specific browser?

• Are you using a VPN? Can you try toggling it on/off?

• Are you on an office or work network?

• Do you have any security applications or browser extensions that could be running interference?

Hey Nick,

1. I use Chrome Browser usually.
  2. I am trying to access localwp from a work network and I’m pretty sure they use a VPN. However, I need to confirm that.
  3. But I think the last item you listed is probably the problem because we do have security applications that run in the background and I’ suspect that may be the culprit. I going to reach out to my IT team and see about getting zscaler to allow access to see if that clears of the issue.

Thanks for bringing those issues up. I will report once I’ve narrowed down the issue.

Sounds great! Keep us posted if there is anything else we can help with here. If you reach out to your IT team they may ask about what kinds of URLs or ports Local is making use of in which these might be helpful:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.