Can not install Cloud plugin into Ubuntu 23.04 or Linux Mint 21.2

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Can not install Cloud plugin into Ubuntu 23.04 or Linux 21.2. The program just stalls in both cases.
I have reinstall the program in both cases and the result is the same.
Both Ubuntu and Linux start for SSD drives and store on conventional HDD under the Home directory.

I installed Ubuntu 23.10 to see if I could get it to work in this version.
When installing from the .deb download file I get the error “Can not install program because a dependency is not satisfiable libncurses5”

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version: Version 7.1.2 + 6410 in both cases.

• Operating System (OS) and OS version: Ubuntu 23.04 Kernel version 6.5 and Linux Mint version 21.2 Cinnamon Cinnamon version 5.8.4 Kernel 6.4.3-060403-Generic memory 64GB in both cases

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @Scotty

Are you referring to our Cloud Backups Add On? Or some other Cloud/WordPress plugin?

When I try to install the LocaWP plugin to use the cloud access where a person can store informantion on Google Cloud or Dropbox it hangs on the installation screen and a person can not proceed further.
Regards
Roy

Sometimes when we see this it’s due to some type of connection interference. You could check if you have any security or antivirus settings that might be blocking, including a browser extension. Some other steps would be trying to connect over a different network, with a VPN, LTE data hotspot, or even just after resetting your own network. If you’re trying to do this over a work network for example there could be a firewall in place that is blocking progress.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.