Cannot connect using Open Site SSH

Hello! So first one thing out of the way… I use Fish Shell and the first part of my problem is definitely caused by that. I can’t seem to execute the generated .sh file…

So, that being the case I attempted to run the file manually from the bash shell and altneratively using eval "bash ..." from fish.

In both cases, I get the following error:

/Users/voxelfox/Library/Application Support/Local by Flywheel/ssh-entry/SynO3oAB-.sh: line 3: set: -g: invalid option
set: usage: set [--abefhkmnptuvxBCHP] [-o option] [arg ...]
/Users/voxelfox/Library/Application Support/Local by Flywheel/ssh-entry/SynO3oAB-.sh: line 3: set: -g: invalid option

If I don’t have a docker daemon running on my system (but my site is running through local) I also get:

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

So it seems like maybe somehow it isn’t using the right docker instance? or something? :slight_smile:

If I start a manual docker instance and I still get the invalid option errors, but instead of complaining about not having a daemon it says Error: No such container: and spits out the container ID from the shell script. :confused:

I’ve moved from Vagrant to Local… and overall I really like it, but I utilize WP-CLI pretty heavily… and not being able to SSH in and run commands is definitely causing some pain points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Follow up… so I ran the commands individually in Fish…

i.e.

1. eval ("/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/virtual-machine/vendor/docker/osx/docker-machine" env local-by-flywheel)
  2. "/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/virtual-machine/vendor/docker/osx/docker" exec -it dc6342a76f2aa917a0fb7f3001e722622dfae98a7655160635049b211613e618 /bin/bash

This seems to have gotten me connected to the proper instance… Maybe the issue is that the env isn’t carrying over between the two shells?

At any rate… it’s a temporary work around, but I’d love it if there is a bit more of a streamlined solution. Maybe a way to alter/update the syntax that is generated? Hopefully this is still helpful.