Cannot get past “Adding Wordpress”

I’ve just installed the latest version of Local for windows, and I cannot create my first website because it gets stuck on “Adding Wordpress”.

I’m running it on Windows 10 Pro and I have no idea what could have gone wrong, other posts with this same issue didn’t help with my case.

local-lightning.log (168.4 KB)

Hey @Ollyv Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

I’m seeing a number of errors in the Local log that look like this:

{"thread":"main","service":{},"serviceBinVersion":{},"stack":"Error: Command failed: %%resourcesPath%%\\lightning-services\\mariadb-10.4.10+4\\bin\\win32\\bin\\mysql.exe --password= -e ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'root';\nERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)\r\n\n    at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:317:12)\n    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)\n    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)\n    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1048:16)\n    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:288:5)","level":"error","message":"Error setting up MySQL user","timestamp":"2021-10-13T17:03:02.638Z"}

This specific part seems odd to me:

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'

Are you able to create a new site and choose MySQL as the database engine from the “Custom Environment” tab when creating a new site?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.