Cannot Open Website nor WP Admin

Hi, I am having the same problem as Sharon.
I am on a Mac using Mojave 10.14,3 Local version 7.1.2 + 6410
I’ve tried swapping out different versions of PHP but that didn’t help, Also tried deleting the site and creating a new one but the same problem remains, still get that 502 Bad Gateway.I know my OS is a bit old but was hoping I can try out Local on it.

I wanted to give an update on my problem.
I was able to get Local working on Mojave 10.14.3 on my own, I had to use PHP version 7,3,5. using the latest version of Local. I made a mistake thinking I tried that version of PHP but I didn’t.
I also booted up Catalina 10.15.7 with the latest version of Local and I didn’t have to change the PHP version. It works with PHP version 8.1.9 right out of the box.
I can see my websites and also get into the WP admin area with both systems now. Anyway, I spent over 2 hours fiddling around trying to get Local to work and hope this post will save someone from having to spend the time and frustration I went through.

Hi @glocal1

I’m glad you were able to get things figured out! This is all intended functionality at this time as we mention in our Install Local help doc below that Local requires at least MacOS 10.15. You can still use Local with older OSes but won’t be able to use all the newest features. As you found for those older OSes sites will only work with PHP 7.3.5 on down for example.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.